Connect with us

Articles of interest

vacation trip to london

Travel, vacation package

vacation trip to london

London is situated in the South-East of England
in the Thames Valley. Home to over 8 million people, the capital of the UK has been an important
financial, educational and cultural center for hundreds
of years. Of the many gifts England has given to the
world, none has been greater than her language and
literature. And if ever there’s a city that reads like
an epic saga, it’s London. The story of London began in the Bronze Age, but it didn’t really get going until the Romans
withdrew in the 5th century. Growing into one of the great medieval trading
cities, she truly came of age in the 11th century, when William the Conqueror built the Tower
of London, which was to become one of England’s grimmest
prisons. London is very easy to navigate around, and is compact enough to explore on foot. This world city is filled with iconic symbols, and one of the most easily recognizable is
Tower Bridge, an impressive reminder of London’s rapid expansion
during the industrial revolution. Just upriver, at the
Houses of Parliament, Big Ben’s reassuring chimes peal across the
city every hour, on the hour. Buckingham Palace, perhaps the most famous
palace in the world, is the official residence of Queen Elizabeth. It’s a popular London attraction, offering
tours of staterooms and gardens. Nearby, Kensington Palace is open to the public
year-round. The palace and gardens will be remembered as the home of Princess Di and Prince Charles, and have recently undergone a multimillion-pound
refurbishment. Another legacy of England’s monarchy are the
Royal Parks of London. They were once reserved as private hunting
grounds for the royal family, but nowadays they’re open for everyone to
enjoy. There are eight Royal Parks, and many of them
are in central London, and close to royal palaces and other historic
monuments. Green Park and St. James’s Park are right
next to Buckingham Palace, Admiralty Arch and The
Mall. Hyde Park is perhaps the most famous with
its man-made lake, The Serpentine, and on the other side, Kensington Gardens
is a beautiful open expanse that stretches east towards Kensington Palace. The Albert Memorial is at the southern end
of Kensington Gardens, and the striking bronze statue looks towards
the Royal Albert Hall just across the road. The hall is yet another reminder of Queen
Victoria’s great love for her husband, Prince Albert. Many of London’s greatest stories have begun
in her houses of worship, and none is so impressive and important as
Westminster Abbey. This is where kings and queens have been crowned,
married and even buried. London was rebuilt after The Great Fire in
1666, and St. Paul’s Cathedral is the most enduring
monument to the city’s transformation. It’s a great testament to British strength
and resilience. The West End in central London is a story
in itself. Here the streets are lined with ancient buildings, but the throngs of people are out to have
fun. By day, the charming boutiques and cafés
hum with shoppers, and by night the bars along Carnaby Street
are packed with patrons enjoying pre-show drinks. This is one of the largest theater districts
in the world. And at times it can feel like you’re on a
Monopoly board, with Coventry Street, Trafalgar Square and
Piccadilly Circus all close by. Moving away from the historic center, London’s trendy suburbs offer a different
kind of story. The Portobello Road Markets in Notting Hill
attract thousands of visitors, especially to the antiques markets that’s
held on Saturdays, while the edgier Camden Town features six
popular markets that are open every day of the week, and operate along her streets, the canal,
and in her historic stables. London is a city that honors not only her
own story, but also the story of humankind. The British Museum is one of the finest in
the world, and her treasures cover thousands of years
of history and number in the millions. The museum is open every day, and best of
all, it’s free. From the ancient to the modern, The London Eye offers a complete change of
pace and perspective. The massive wheel is over 400 feet high, and takes 30 minutes to complete one rotation. From here you can see the London of old, as well as some of the city’s newest additions,
all in air-conditioned comfort. London will always be a city that looks towards the past and the future in equal measure. From ‘Rule Britannia’ to ‘Cool Britannia’, the fabric and the skyline of this city is
forever turning over a new page. Which is, after all, what every great story
should do.

Continue Reading
17 Comments

17 Comments

1. fifa 20 munzen

December 17, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I
    can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about setting up
    my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions?
    Cheers https://medium.com/%40fmolly305/fifa-20-fut-m%C3%BCnzen-punkte-kostenlose-285b9ca59b43

• admin

December 18, 2019 at 9:41 pm

Good afternoon
      Thank you for contacting.

First how you want your blog to look.

And leave me your email to cotact it.

2. mobile legend hack

January 8, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers
    and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You
    have done a outstanding job!

• admin

January 9, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Excellent comment Thank you very much. We are here to serve you in whatever we can.

3. fleck 5600sxt for sale

February 5, 2020 at 11:38 pm

I know this web page gives quality based articles or reviews and extra data, is there any
    other web page which offers such stuff in quality?

• admin

February 11, 2020 at 2:34 pm

If what topic do you want to know?

4. call of duty mobile hack apk download

February 7, 2020 at 6:54 am

You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually one thing which
    I feel I might never understand. It sort of feels too
    complicated and extremely large for me. I am looking ahead
    in your next post, I will try to get the hold of it!

• admin

February 11, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Specifically you want to know.

5. fleck 5600sxt

February 19, 2020 at 12:23 am

Hello everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this website, and paragraph is in fact fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting
    these posts.

• admin

February 19, 2020 at 8:00 pm

6. is cbd legal for college athletes

February 21, 2020 at 5:40 am

It’s an remarkable paragraph for all the web visitors; they will
    get advantage from it I am sure.

7. cbd for athletes

February 21, 2020 at 11:11 pm

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here.

The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following.

unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly
    the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

8. energy gel drinks running

March 12, 2020 at 1:52 pm

I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever
    work and exposure! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve you guys to my blogroll.

9. cbd for athletes

March 13, 2020 at 12:15 am

Hey There. I discovered your blog the use of
    msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come
    back to learn more of your helpful information. Thank
    you for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

10. maurten gel running

March 13, 2020 at 11:08 pm

It’s amazing to pay a visit this web site and reading the views
    of all friends about this article, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

11. g u energy gel

March 15, 2020 at 2:12 am

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar
    one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

12. cbd hemp oil hemp hemp oil

April 1, 2020 at 11:54 pm

I’m now not sure the place you’re getting your
    info, however good topic. I needs to spend some time finding out much
    more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent information I was searching
    for this information for my mission.